Positions will work on Server Maintenance section. The specific tasks performed are routine maintenance and administration for our EPG (Electronic Program Guide) server and requires sufficient skills to obtain system administrator level privileges.
• Solid understanding of UNIX based operating system.; TCP/IP networking; System and Network performance tuning, troubleshooting and security.
• Ability to write programs in at least one of: Python, Perl, shell. Provide code examples.
• Working Experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely, and document your solutions. Provide links to documentation you've written, if possible.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills. Must enjoy being part of a team, and be a team player.
• Ability to identify recurring tasks which require automation and automate them. Occasionally be available for 24x7 on-call support.
• Have substantial experience and depth of knowledge in at least one area of system administration, e.g., backups, monitoring, security, networking, performance tuning.
• BS/BE in Computer Science of equivalent work experience.
Please email a copy of your current CV complete with recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position name in the subject line. Please note that CVs with different or no subject will be automatically disregarded